Enhancements in JAWS 2021.2012.57 and Fusion 2021.2012.15(January 2021)
This update addresses a few key issues that were reported shortly after the January 5, 2021 release.
- A new feature was released earlier this month, designed to let a user change the volume of JAWS speaking or the System volume itself, using a Layer Keystroke: INSERT + SPACE, V followed by J for JAWS or S for System. A side effect of that change, lead to Eloquence having some issues. Users reported hearing Ticks when reading and typing, especially around the letter O. We also had reports of the volume randomly changing when reading documents or web pages. These issues are now resolved.
- Resolved an issue where pressing INSERT+ALT+SPACEBAR was not starting the Voice Assistant in JAWS or Fusion.
- The JAWS voice commands to speak faster or slower now adjusts the speech in larger increments.
- Addressed an issue where JAWS was not reading table headings in Excel.
- Added a new JAWS Dictionary entry for "DocuSign."
- When spell checking a document in Word, resolved an issue where JAWS was not reading as expected when navigating by word through the text containing the error.
- Resolved an issue where attachments were not being reported correctly in the Danish version of Outlook 2019.
- In the Italian version of JAWS, addressed an issue where the keystrokes to access the Braille and Text Viewer layer, as well as the Volume layer, were not working as expected.